Vertical Mass is an exciting and fast-growing start-up backed by blue-chip venture and strategic investors, operating the only data platform and marketplace for exclusive audiences in sports, music, and entertainment. Our data management platform allows any of our partners to aggregate data on their fans across any digital touch point and turn them into a strong marketing opportunity. As the exclusive data partner of 400+ of the world’s top talent, sports teams, ticketing companies, e-commerce platforms and media companies, Vertical Mass reaches over 600MM global fans. We currently work with 85 of the top 100 celebrity pages on Facebook as well as Fortune 500 brands like P&G, Google, FOX, Universal Pictures and dozens more. In addition, we have already established strong relationships with all major professional sports leagues and have team-level partners in three of the four leagues.
Our proprietary technology and unparalleled relationships with top companies in sports, music, and entertainment have created a truly unique advertising opportunity, proven stronger by the case studies and revenue already accrued to the business. We’ve doubled recurring revenue in the second half of 2017 alone.
We run a dynamic team with a proven track record building scalable technology platforms. You have a very unique opportunity to join the core team at the ground floor and play a huge role building the next great data company.
Who We’re Looking For:
Vertical Mass is looking for a Director of Sports Partnerships to play a critical role in developing and managing our partnerships with Sports Teams and Leagues. This is a key role responsible for driving our revenue strategy and product adoption for Sports Teams and Leagues.
What You’ll Do:
- To accelerate product adoption and revenue generation, you will come with proven relationships at the Team and League level across all major sports leagues in the US.
- Build your strategy for product adoption and revenue growth by working closely with the CRO and VP Business Development along with cross-functional team members in Product, Engineering, and Sales.
- Develop case studies that demonstrate an understanding and alignment of how our products tie to value for the Teams, Leagues, and brand sponsors
- Own the forecast and execution of your sports vertical plan by tracking quarterly and monthly progress
- Translate and build initial traction into lasting value for the Teams and Leagues
Who You Are:
- 5-10 years of experience in the Sports Industry (Data, Research, Mar-Tech, Media, and SaaS experience a big plus)
- Min 2-3 years of experience in sports and/or technology for sports
- Strong track record of driving product adoption with Teams and Leagues
- Strong track record of translating product adoption into revenue generating activities with teams (marketing activities like ticketing or merchandise sales or brand sponsorship activities like digital ad sales and overall brand sponsorship revenue growth)
- You have a deep understanding of the functional groups inside team and league organizations (Sales, Digital Marketing, Sponsorships, Analytics, etc.) and how these groups operate
- You have a deep understanding of how Marketers and their agencies budget, plan and execute campaigns tied to the Marketers’ sponsorship and advertising initiatives in sports
- You understand the digital advertising marketplace, with a focus on social platforms, programmatic and data marketplaces. If you do not have direct experience, you are able to demonstrate a strong aptitude to learn quickly
- You are highly motivated and entrepreneurial and driven to exceed your goals
- You are energetic and willing to thrive in a start-up atmosphere. You have the ability to be flexible as we expand the business
- You think strategically and can act quickly on your feet
- Location: LA or NY-based, preferably; willing to travel when needed